Louisiana National Guard FOIA Request

How to submit a Louisiana Army National Guard Freedom of Information (FOIA) request:

To submit a request under FOIA, label your request “Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).” In your letter you must state your willingness to pay applicable fees. To ensure the proper processing of your request, describe the specific records you are requesting in sufficient detail so that we can locate the information requested in a reasonable amount of effort and time.

FOIA Request must be in writing via email or mailed to address below:



Office: 318-290-5097
Fax: 318-641-5872

Louisiana National Guard Privacy Act Request

How to submit a Louisiana Army National Guard Privacy Act (PA) request:

To submit a Privacy Act request, label your request “Privacy Act (PA) Request.” To ensure the proper processing of your request, describe the specific records you are requesting in sufficient detail so that we can locate the information requested in a reasonable amount of effort and time.

Paragraph 3-1, AR 340-21, Disclosure without consent. Individual’s home addresses / telephone numbers will not be disclosed without prior written permission of the individual (s) involved.

Paragraph 3-3, AR 340-21, Disclosure to third parties.
Personal information that may be disclosed under the FOIA / PA is as follows:

a. Military Personnel:

Name, rank, date or rank, base pay, special pay (not BAQ or VHA), present and past duty assignments that are officially established, office or duty telephone number, source of commission, promotion decorations, military and civilian decorations, military and civilian education level.
Lists or compilations of unit or office addresses or telephone numbers of military personnel are not released where the requester’s primary purpose in seeking this information is to use it for commercial solicitation.

b. Civilian Employees:

Name and present and past position titles, grades, salaries, and duty stations that include office or duty telephone numbers.
Disclosure of information in (1) above will not be made when the request is a list of present or past position titles, grades, salaries and / or duty stations. Refer to AR 340-21 for guidance.

Online Request Form 

FOIA / Privacy Act Regulations

Other Agencies FOIA Links

Statement from the FOIA Officers:

The Louisiana National Guard is ready to serve the State of Louisiana and all citizens of the United States. We will be glad to assist anyone and will do our best to honor all FOIA / PA requests within the regulator guidance and guidelines given us from the Federal Government.

8 thoughts on “FOIA

  • September 9, 2016 at 12:28 pm

    My name is former SPC Donny Lester I served at 199th HHC in Alexandria, LA. I am trying to reach out to who ever can help me retrieve a copy of the Guards version of a DD-214 I have been told that is called a NGB Form 22. Please help as I am trying to use my VA Education benefits to complete my educational collage goals.

  • September 9, 2016 at 12:49 pm

    We are forwarding your request to our records department. Please let us know if you don’t hear anything back.

  • September 26, 2016 at 2:21 pm

    i have been trying to obtain a copy of my service record. all i get is the run-a-round. someone with the authority and willing to help to contact me. thank you.

  • September 27, 2016 at 8:38 am

    We have forwarded your message to the records department. Someone should be in contact soon.

  • October 4, 2016 at 1:32 pm

    To Whom It May Concern:
    I am seeking to obtain a replacement Certificate of Honorable Discharge (DD-214) from the LA National Guard. My original Certificate was lost in Hurricane Katrina in 2005. I contacted the National Personnel Records Center in St Louis, MO and my Certificate is not on file at their Center. They inform me that I must obtain my Certificate replacement through the Adjutant General of the State in which I was based. I attempted to locate the address / link of the AG at this site and, finding none, had to use its ‘Contact Us’ link.

    My dates of service, inclusive, are 13 Oct 1964 – 12 Oct 1970. I served with Co. A, HHC, 199 Spt Bn of the 256 Inf Bde at Jackson Barracks, New Orleans, LA. When I enlisted, the organization was still known as the 39 Inf Div. The CO at the time of my mustering out was Capt Philip Gensler. The XO was 2LT Robert Street. Brigade Commander was LtCol Lacey W Rogers.

    Please advise as to any other information which may be needed in order to facilitate the replacement of my original DD-214 (a/k/a ‘NGB Form 22’) Certificate of Honorable Discharge. Thank you for your assistance.

  • October 4, 2016 at 3:49 pm

    Your message was forwarded to our records department from your email earlier today.

  • October 23, 2016 at 8:10 pm

    I served in the Louisiana National Guard in Ruston Louisiana from 1993-1999 and was honorably discharged in 1999. Some of the same requests have been made for forms NGB Forms 22 and 22A by several former Guardsmen. The response has also been the same with information has been forwarded to the records department.
    May I have a contact within the records department in order that I may request these forms directly for benefits purposes? I may be eligible for Veterans benefits but have been told by my local veterans office that these forms are pertinent. Please advise, as my current situation needs to be expedited.


    Former Louisiana Guardsman

  • October 25, 2016 at 7:57 am

    At this time, we do not have a public phone number or email address we can provide. We recommend using the “Contact Us” tab and call the switchboard number. They will be able to direct you to the records department. We have also forwarded your request to them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Pin It on Pinterest